Round table «current requirements for assessment of professional training of graduates»
On January 20, 2023, at JSC «South Kazakhstan Medical Academy» held round table on the topic: «Actual requirements for assessing the professional training of graduates».
The purpose of this event is to improve the quality of the educational programs «Pharmacy» and «Technology of Pharmaceutical Production» and solve problems related to the employment of graduates in order to improve the quality of training of pharmaceutical personnel in the region.
The round table moderated by Vice-Rector for EMaEW, MD. Anartayeva M.U. The following reports heard:
1. «Relationship between the development of a system of professional qualifications in the pharmaceutical industry and the content of pharmaceutical education programs» – Chairman of the Project Management Group for Pharmaceutical Education Programs of EMA REaMC of the direction of «Healthcare», Ibragimova Aigul.
2. «Current situation on the labor market in the pharmaceutical industry. Proposals for sustainable employment of a pharmacist» - director of the Association of Medical and Pharmaceutical Organizations of South Kazakhstan region "Damu" Alzhanova Khadisha.
3. «Indicators of employment of SKMA graduates» - Kemelbekov Kanatzhan, dean of internship and graduate employment department.
4. «Actual proposals for the rational development of the pharmaceutical industry of the Republic of Kazakhstan» - dean of the faculty of pharmacy, Umurzakhova Galyia.
The round table organized by the dean's office of the Faculty of Pharmacy of JSC «SKMA». More than 40 people took part in the round table, including representatives of practical pharmacy, namely: the National Chamber of Entrepreneurs of the Republic of Kazakhstan «Atameken» in Shymkent, heads of the Department of the Committee for Medical and Pharmaceutical Control of the Ministry of Healthcare of the Republic of Kazakhstan in Shymkent, Turkestan region (online), representatives of the Association of Pharmaceutical and Medical Organizations of South Kazakhstan region «Damu», LLP «Bastau Pharm», founders of LLP «Zerde», LLP «TIN», LLP «Sadykhan» in Shymkent, LLP «Zada-Pharm» (online), Medservice Plus, «Almasat» LLP, Almaty (online), «Phyto-Apipharm» LLP (online), «Ecopharm International», Center for Mental Health, «Zerde Pharm» LLP and management of JSC «SKMA», , the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Kazakhstan Republican Center for Forensic Science (online) as well as the teaching staff of the EP «Pharmacy» and the EP «Technology of pharmaceutical production».
During the discussion of issues on the topic of the round table: «Actual requirements for assessing the professional training of graduates», the following conclusions and recommendations were made:
1. Continue work on updating pharmaceutical education programs at all levels of training in accordance with the recommendations of employers;
2. Approve the criterion for evaluating the results of training in the EP «Pharmacy» and «Technology of Pharmaceutical Production» for 2023;
3. Conduct joint foresight studies of professions, positions, knowledge and skills of specialists in the field of pharmacy at the regional level;
4. Develop a schedule for dual training of graduates in the EP «Pharmacy» and «Technology of Pharmaceutical Production» (with employers);
6. The Association of Medical and Pharmaceutical Organizations proposed:
- Include the subject of Pharmacology in the final examination of graduates of the Faculty of Pharmacy, with the aim of in-depth study and consolidation of the subject;
- Initiate joint work on the employment of specialists with higher pharmaceutical education with akimats of all levels with the provision of housing preferences, benefits for 5 years;
6. To take into account the information on the development of the project of the EP for accelerated education of graduates of the TPP for Pharmacy (2 years of study, with a diploma in the educational program Pharmacy), which was formed on the basis of a comparison of the EP «Pharmacy» with the EP «TPP»;
7. Approve the draft SKMA Graduate Profile, composed of the core competencies that a SKMA graduate should have;
8. To take part in the work «On the development of a list of the working group for the development of a professional standard» in the field of pharmaceutical activity and the Roadmap for the development of a professional standard «Pharmaceutical activity», together with employers;
9. Approve the missions of the undergraduate educational programs 6B10106 «Pharmacy» and 6B07201 «Technology of pharmaceutical production»; magistracy 7M10104 «Pharmacy» (profile); 7M10142 «Pharmacy» (scientific and pedagogical); doctoral studies 8D10140 «Pharmacy»;
10. Ensure close cooperation with employers in the field of stimulating the employment of graduates and constant monitoring of employment.
As a result of the round table, a resolution was adopted.